Saturday 21 December 2013

I'm not panicking.......

Hi folks, it's been a while since I added anything to this site but I'm officially on holiday now so in theory I have the time! Two weeks of doing absolutely nothing .... well maybe not. If I can get my head around the fact that Christmas is only 4 days away I may actually get my act in gear, but for some reason I am not in panic mode yet. Except  I may have had a little anxiety attack about 3pm today when I went into my local craft shop to buy those last minute, must have things because the shop is closing for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! (Deep breaths, deep breaths)  Kate... I may end up at your door yet suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

I have been busy lately making even more leaving cards for people retiring/leaving/moving on, and some last minute Christmas cards because, despite cutting down on the number of cards I was sending this year, I seemed to need more(?) Got there in the end and I posted the last one today.

For a lady with a lot of strings to her bow
we will miss you Sinead.. and your lovely cakes





for Anne a lady who loves numbers
I think the main reason I am not panicking is my dearly beloved is also on holiday and is the chief cook and bottle washer when it comes to Christmas.  He will make lists and shop for all the food and cook it too. I am one lucky lady! I just have to organise everything else!

One last quick trip to Inverness early tomorrow (madness probably) to get a few things and we are home and dry. Maybe I'll manage to get to Hobbycraft too - well two weeks is a long time in crafting.

I have anew project waiting in the wings as my niece Lucy is getting married next year and has asked me to make her wedding invitations.(gulp!).  She has been browsing Pinterest for ideas and so far has chosen something which I feel is do-able. Simple but very pretty. Watch this space!

Outwith crafting I've been busy with my Rainbow Guides and we recently went to the Panto in Inverness.  It was an outing for the whole of Moray and we filled the theatre, all 815 of us! I had a fantastic time, as did my girls, but I had to give them a wee lesson on how to behave at the Panto.' Lots of shouting, booing, loud singing and plenty of clapping' I said. I must admit I'm a big kid really and I get quite carried away. At one point, when I was in full flow, I looked along the row to find them all staring at me as if I was mad.
Then last week we had a visit from Artie Tresize (Singing Kettle fame). The kids loved it and there I was, the biggest bairn of all, who knew all the words and actions of all the songs. I wonder if he needs an assistant?

I recently bought an envelope punch board - wow! it's the best thing since sliced bread! Not only does it make envelopes but a variety of boxes too. Take a tip from me if you haven't got one then go out and get one asap. They are well worth the money, and with the help of all the demonstration videos on Youtube you can't go wrong.



Then I discovered how to make these lovely flowers from scraps of material and I couldn't get enough of them. I made a fancy box(with my envelope punch) and topped it with one of these. Looks amazing. Pushed my glue gun to the limits though, so Santa if you're reading this......




Thanks to Kate at Papercrafts for providing me with the inspiration for the dimensional frame which I did for a friend who was retiring. I loved the sentiment, and I think it turned out quite well .There is so much more scope here as you can go wild with what you add in as the frames are quite deep. I added a lacy flower with an old pearl earring for a centre. Not bad for my first attempt, even though I say so myself.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Valxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment