Wednesday 30 May 2012

Babies, boxes, bunting, buns and birthdays - a right royal do!

Hello there, nice to be back in blogland. With the weather being so good I was taking advantage and catching up with all the outside jobs that needed doing (yeah that'll be right!). Sunshine, suncream and a kindle is more like it. Consequently not a lot of crafting done either. Then it all went pear-shaped (the weather that is) so it was back to the Happy Place for some indoor fun.
This week I managed to cram in a baby card for a friend's niece, a Garden Party Acceptance card for another friend, a birthday card for my dear hubby, and another for my daughter's pal who is obsessed with Titanic.

The Burger Cake
My daughter also made him a lovely burger birthday cake which I was really impressed with. I think she did really well.
She made the bun from a plain sponge, the burger was a chocolate brownie mixture and the salad was coloured icing. It was all sandwiched together with 'ketchup', red butter cream icing.The whole thing looked very realistic, and was much appreciated by the recipient.
Happy Birthday Dean
One way Ticket
 I love making these double easel cards(?) That's what I've been calling them. I made the card, added the roses and then thought it was a shame to stuff it in an envelope, so I made a box to put it in.
I used Nesties for all the scrolly bits, a Forever Friends bear stamp, coloured with Pro Markers, and decorated with handmade roses and some pearls which I coloured to match.

The box was decorated with a strip of the same card punched with a Martha Stewart lace punch. I used Tim Holtz Vintage Market dies for the name.A wee green scroll, some more roses and some bling.





Every year Graham gets either a rugby themed card
or one about beer! This year I took advantage of
all the patriotic colours and made him a bunting card. Hope he's not disappointed there's no rugby ball on it.  
I used dies to cut the bunting, stamped out the letters and cut around them, and put the whole lot together with card and paper from my stash. Maybe one day I'll be making him a gardening themed card (LOL)!



Lastly I had to put my thinking cap on for the next one as I didn't have any stamps suitable. I needed to make an acceptance card for a 'Royal' Garden Party which my  friend Gillian had been invited to.
(She is my best customer so I needed to pull a rabbit out of the hat)
I designed a Family coat of arms for her, and using images of the things I most associated her with, I came up with the following. 


She is very into lippy, curries, and gin and tonic. The lion symbolises her husband and she's the dragon with painted nails and lipstick. (Good job she's a good friend and didn't take offence) Thanks to a website which translates anything into just about any language I even managed to get a suitable Latin Motto.
Which reads 'Numquam Hodie Perdere Lipstick.' (Never let the day be a waste of lipstick).
Quite appropriate don't you think? 
Karen F if you manage to find your way to this site this one's for you

No comments:

Post a Comment