Sunday 13 May 2012

Distressed - in more ways than one!

Hi there, haven't posted anything for a wee while cos I've had a bit of a funny old week. Having had the Monday holiday off work, and managed to get some cards made, I was feeling nice and relaxed and ready to go back to the grindstone.  However, a phone call from the local hospital offering me a cancellation for a minor procedure ( which I wasn't due to get done till the end of the month,) sent things spinning. It meant unscheduled time off work, and an onset of nerves which I wasn't expecting for another fortnight. I couldn't get my act in gear, and concentration went right out the proverbial window!
To cut a long story short, everything went okay, but I had to have the next day off as a precaution as I had had a sedative and wasn't even allowed to boil the kettle. I felt fine, although a little bit guilty for not being at work, and I settled down to get some more cards made. Not to be. I had the time, the space the peace and quiet, but absolutely no inspiration or ideas. What a let down. Must have been the guilty conscience at work for having two days off!
However, normal service has resumed after a short but sweet visit to Papercrafts here in Elgin on Saturday, with my new to card making sis-in-law, to see Erika demonstrating Tim's new  Distress Inks. She is an extremely talented and lovely lady who put up with our 'Ooohs' and 'Aaahs' whilst she busied away producing beautiful cards.
Of course I had to buy the inks, and a couple of the stamps, and one or two other bits and pieces and before you know it the mojo was back. Thanks Erica, you're a tonic.
Watch the birdie

I think I need to work on my inking as I tend to be a bit heavy handed, and I had to work to get my head round the second circle having to go on upside down to be the right way up(?)
Simple but effective using Tim Holtz new Squeezed Lemonade and Shaded Lilac inks, some stamps from my stash, and a masking technique which is a bit fiddly but worth it.




My son's friend has just become a dad for the first time so I was commissioned to do a card for the new parents. Armed with a photo of the new babe I produced this. I used pearl card and pink paper from my stash, Nestabilities dies for all the fancy fret work and a Forever Friends New Arrival bear coloured with Pro Markers I added some paper roses, card candy and a few pearls coloured to match.
What a cutie!


See you soon
Val

1 comment:

  1. You have done a fantastic job on these two, will have to show me how to do the fancy of on top never saw how she did that one. x

    ReplyDelete