Monday 21 May 2012

Oh Johnny Oh Johnny Oh Oh Oh!..

Isn't this weather just great! We have had three days so far with no rain and in the words of Victor Meldrew 'I can't believe it!'  Just had a really good weekend too, went off to Inverness with my hubby on Friday night  since it was our anniversary last week. Booked into the Holiday Inn Express, went to the cinema to see Dark Shadows and the lovely Johnny Depp (be still my beating heart). The film was really good, and quite funny in places, not what I was expecting, but we enjoyed it.The guy sitting next to me did too, as well as his Nachos, big bag of sweeties and box of popcorn. Good job we were sitting in the large seats! Then off to ZiZi's for a fantastic Italian meal.
Even managed some shopping the next day. 
I got me a set of metallic Pro Markers which I am dying to try, and a couple of stamps in a sale.  Sourced some Faux leather for my next project (recovering my Granny's old foot stool), and got home before lunchtime. Result. Then Graham went off to Fochabers to watch rugby all afternoon and I had some craft time to get on with a card I was making for a friend's mother-in-law, which coincidentaly featured Johnny Depp.
Packed quite a bit into a day and a half. To top it all I woke up on Sunday morning convinced it was Monday, so I still had Sunday to go! Now that's what I call a weekend.
Here are some of the cards I managed to make, still along the same lines as my last post, but I am really into the inking and silhouettes at the moment, at least until I try out my new metallic pens........


Lilac and blue






I used some lilac card  for the backing, some white card stock cut with nestabilities dies and inked with Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Lilac and Stormy Skies.    
Marion Emberson  Stamps from a couple of sets, a little bit of bling and matching ribbon from stash. 







 More or less the same again but with Antique Linen, Marigold and Shabby Shutters Inks, and some pearly bronze card for the backing. This one is destined for my niece Lucy.






Lastly an anniversary card for a special couple celebrating their 56th wedding anniversary. I can't lay claim to the poem, I saw it somewhere a long time ago and liked it. (soppy or what).
Features Molly bloom Chef, Nesties frame, and ribbon from my cupboard.

I'm off to drool some more over Johnny.......he could bite my neck any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment