Friday 4 May 2012

Find a pin and pick it up.......

Hello again from a very cold Elgin. Don't know what's up with the weather but it snowed here today and it looks like that is setting the tone for the weekend. Last week it was so warm we were out in the playground without jackets.  Oh dear, that means no gardening again,( my back will be grateful though), what a pity.  I will just have to stay indoors in my happy place and craft all weekend!. My son is away for the weekend, daughter number 2 is working on Saturday, and hubby is off to watch the rugby in Kinloss. Peace perfect peace.

I was a bit naughty this week and bought two new stamps which I couldn't resist - the first is a Penny Black image called Stitch in Time. As soon as I saw this stamp it reminded me of the wee mice in Bagpuss and their Marvellous Mechanical Mouse Organ.
The second is a Michael Powell image called Shore Thing.We are really lucky here  as we live so close to some beautiful beaches. I love beach huts and I am really into anything to do with the seaside just now, maybe its a longing for better weather.  I had to incorporate some red white and blue which is really topical, and this is what I came up with.


Oh I do love to be beside the seaside...
Scalloped edged white card, blue backing paper, image coloured with Pro Markers (I might try water colours next time), A frame cut with spellbinders die from red and white Kanban gingham card, distressed at the edges with Tim Holtz inks. Some faux stitching round the edge of the card and frame, but still  it needed something else so I added three wooden posts and some rough string for a nautical style fence.  I had to add a seagull, it was compulsory!


Basic cream card, matted and layered with pink card (actually cheap white card coloured around the edge with a corresponding Pro Marker). Cream Coredinations paper, Martha Stewart edge and corner punch, and of course good ol' Timmy Distressed Inks. Coloured with Pro Markers. Some buttons from my button box and a giant safety pin from my sewing box for the sentiment.

That'll do Micely!
I am sorely tempted to send this to my daughter Claire who has recently had some wee moosies in her flat, but that might be a bit on the 'coorse' side don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Val, lovely to see you yesterday.
    Oooo I've bought that beach hut stamp too but haven't had chance to play, boo. I love what you have done with it, inside your spellbinder window, fabby colours, great fence and the "dreaded" seagull! ;)
    If only we had the weather to match!
    Happy crafting,
    hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete