Saturday 28 April 2012

From little acorns.....

I am a happy bunny today because my darling hubby finally got round to putting up the mirror and pictures I have been plaguing him to do for three weeks.  To let you know we have had a bit of a makeover in our house.  It started with a worn patch in the carpet and ended up as a completely new sitting room and dining room.  I feel we have finally dragged ourselves into the 21st century.  I even bought some 'modern' art work for the wall. After being married for nearly 26 years I have learned to be patient (he would definitely disagree with me there). DIY is definitely not his forte.  Now all I need to do is persuade him to put up curtain poles for the new curtains...... watch this space!
Meanwhile I have been busy making what I can only describe as criss-cross cards. There must be a technical term for them, but I really enjoyed making them. We learned how to make them at Kate's craft class, so thanks Kate.
Here's the one we made first...

Looks more complicated than it is.  Some measuring, folding and cutting and voila!  More complicated to explain than it was to make.
Here are two more...


Cupcake Wishes Papers used were from a pad called The Sweet Stack, and looked good enough to eat. I punched some flowers and used patterned buttons from my stash.  I cut the lettering using Sizzix ' Man o' Man' dies


1 comment:

  1. You certainly have been busy. Your version is definately better than mine. My spelling sucks.x

    ReplyDelete