Saturday 21 April 2012

Cheeky!

'Just nipping out to the craft shop dear, won't be long'  Hello again, just been up to Papercrafts to spend half of my 'National' winnings. Spent ages trying to decide (and chatting to Kate), and eventually plumped for a lovely Martha Stewart deep edge punch, something I wouldn't normally have bought, but then it's money I wouldn't normally have had.
Just finished making a birthday card for my good friend Debbie, who is not into crafting and is in no danger of seeing this blog.  She recently returned from an all expenses paid 5 star holiday to Lanzarote full of funny stories, like when she decided to have a jacuzzi bath. She filled the tub, emptied all the bubble mixture into it and turned it on. Lots and lots of bubbles, The only thing was the water wasn't quite covering the jets which resulted in all the bubbles being blown across the bathroom! A bit like when the washing machine goes loopy!
Anyway, I couldn't resist the temptation and this is what I made.
I used a Jolly Nation Decoupage 3D sheet and adapted it slightly. I swapped the glass of wine for a pint of lager and the book for a Kindle. So Debbie! The speech bubble reads `Who needs a Jacuzzi... after 3 Carlsbergs I can make my own bubbles!' I stamped loads of bubbles using Anita's bubble stamp, coloured them in with Pro Markers and, although it's not clear in the picture, I brushed some Perfect Pearls over them to give them a bit of a sheen. Hope she likes it.  (must get the camera fixed)

1 comment: